Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Couch frame




Using pine 2x's makes the frame heavy making the feature of being able to separate the back and the bottom a must have. The frame of the back and bottom are made out of 2x6s. For the back this is perfect and for the bottom it's just a little too shallow. I'm a dense 190 pounds when I sit on the couch and adjust I tend to bottom out just a bit. Where my girl doesn't at all. If I where to do it over again I would go with 2x8s, and now I have to decide if I'm going re do the bottom or not. A friend of mine reminded me that I have owned a lot of imperfect furniture that I just got use to. In fact my current couch is a futon that is years pass due of a replacement. So I think I will keep it and see I could always make another one. :-)

No comments:

Blog Archive