Saturday, June 16, 2007

Day 1

I made it to Sydney in one peace but my bag I checked on did not make it, out of California. My flight was Los Angeles(LAX) to San Fran(SFO) to sydney, but my flight from LAX to SFO was delayed two hours so I caught a sooner flight so I could make the plane to Sydney. I guess my bags didn't make it hopefully united will get my bag sent to my logging in the morning. If they get here early I'm out of here headed north.

About that when I got into town I caught the train into town and stopped by the opera house(that thing is awesome). Then I started walking with out regard to where I was going till I found a Mc D's(nothing like Mc D's to make you feel at home). Then I formed a plan Step one find a strip that has a lot of bars; Step two find a hotel. So I was walking around and found a strip after asking around then I came to a hostel. Now I've never stayed at a hostel so I'm giving it a try, its kind of wild I wish I did some backpacking back when I got out of school. I can now see how someone with out much money can get by and travel the world.

So its about 1:45pm on sunday. I lost Saturday all together its kind of messing with my head. I need to figure how to stay awake to get my body use to the time change. Maybe some walking around there's the sydney tower, and... don't know but after all that I'm getting drunk and parting it up.

Sorry there are no pics that cord is in my other bags. Till next internet cafe its time for adventure.

P.S. - to everyone that told me to be safe, I must regret but I can not act-que-est to your request, so no but I will come back well maybe.

6 comments:

Nam myoho renge kyo said...

As a dad I've gotta say, Son you are crazy! But Man to Man and from someone who loves you I've gotta say, "Jason, you are the Man!!!". The only words of causion that I have for you (since you can't acquisist you anyone's advice) are, try not to miss Gongyo, chant as much as you can, always be aware (use your sense of mindfulness) of your environment, and if you wake up in a bed of ice, call 911 :-). But really, in life you got to "do it right and have courage". Your mom says she's real proud of you and for you to have fun. Just have a good time and build good memories.

Love,

Dad

TMIV said...

Was that a strip with a lot of bars or a bar with a lot of strippers?

Glad to hear you're safe, so far. Good luck on your quest.

Jonathan Hawkins said...

You better make it back!!!

I hope you find both a kinds of strips. =)

Don't forget the satchel that Max was telling you about.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are already in Sydney. How is the weather? Gps helping out?

If you are freaked out about loosing a day, wait till you flush the toilet! ;)

Max A said...

hahahaha good one Richard.

Hope your okay Jason! Can't wait for a update!

joel taubel said...

http://www.bridgeclimb.com

Seriously. They have shown this on the Discovery show 1000 Things to See Before You Die. Looks freakin rad. They even put you in a cool suit and give you a safety line.

Blog Archive