Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Day 2

Day two still some gloom. No luck with the baggage united can't find them and they don't answer the phone so I still don't have my stuff and looks like I might not get it but whatever all of the crucial stuff I needed I had on me; well there is me, my jacket, laptop, camera, gps, helmet, and a good book. What I don't have that will make U'all sad is my connector for my camera or a power supply for it. so unless i go out and buy one no pictures till I get back my bag.

This morning I left the hostel determined not to let my baggage situation kill my mood this is an adventure and it going to be killer. I took a cab to the bike shop to get the bike its so pretty. Well we where going over the paper work and she runs my card, Trouble. Denied so I call the international number on the back of my card and nothing but bad news. Did you know that Saturday and sunday and monday are all considered a single bizzness day? Well I didn't and due to that I was overdrawing to get the bike. So I was given some crap about pulling it out and doing a runabout way of getting the cash well I gave it another call and the bank gave me a emergency only increases for the day, Ya Vroom Vroom. So it went through and they lived happily ever after.

Well its really weird to be driving on the left. The bike is nice mostly its just like mine at home but a bit different. Its going to be a great ride....

Awhile latter. I found a place to stay in a small town some 100km out of Sydney. I wasn't up to a longer ride after this mornings excitement and the jet lag thats just hitting me. Tomorrow should be the big drive I'm going to see if I can make it to surfers paradise or Byron bay.

No comments:

Blog Archive