Thursday, April 12, 2018

A letter to my son Emanuel

Dear Emanuel, my son,

     How do you say goodbye to a person that meant the world to you? How do you say goodbye to a person that you never had a conversation with? How do you say goodbye to a child that never took a breath? I do not know, son. I’m trying with all I am to keep the gift of hope, that your conception gave us. I am failing, you were my hope, the hope of your family, a symbol of love and perseverance. The family motto after all is ‘Never give up’, and I think in that too, I am failing. I do not know how to live with these failures as I do not know how to live without you. You were my shield of light against misfortune and tragedy. And now, now that shield is gone and I am left vulnerable to this despair. I will promis you that I will go on and on. It may be as a sad person, but I will step forward into the future, along that darkened path.

Your sad and loving father,
Jason




2 comments:

Nam myoho renge kyo said...

Dear Son;

Nichiren Buddhism teaches that life is eternal, and that birth and death are originally inherent in life itself. Because this is so, my grandson will forever exist eternally in my life. And every morning when I do my morning prayer, Emanuel Levi along with all my/your ancestors join me in reflecting on the future of the ones we love and chant with my whole heart to never give up, no matter what my karma is and what my life manifests. You must embrace this thought and seek solace knowing that our life is just a whisper and living it, even if just for a moment is the miracle of the universal mystic law. Your letter was beautiful, but it worries me also. Please reach out to us before you need to. We are here to help.

Your loving father

Nam myoho renge kyo said...

You never say goodbye.

Blog Archive