Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Day 3

Day Three, Rain at dawn. I left that small little town just as the sun was rising. It was raining hard enough to soak me to the bones. My feet are still wet but no worries. Its nice now and I'll be in byron bay in two-three hours, the sun is up and the sky is clear. My ears are still ringing from the rush of the wind going 100km past me. I like it here this winter isn't really that cold and the people are great. Un-assuming and friendly, good times.


Well I've been riding long enough to let my mind to relax and ponder on the really hard questions. Right now in my life the big one is why do I work, what is work to me? Well I was brought up getting told "when you grow up do something you love". Now thats hell of something to say least of all do. I've been in love, my first love lasted up to the point that we annoyed each other. Maybe thats how it goes with all first loves, but what of first loved jobs? Well I love my job at least I did at one point, then I was annoyed and tired. At one point I wanted to quit all together but didn't out of consideration to my fellows in the trenches. Its just not right to leave the ones you care about high and dry. Well I've been getting over my annoyed-ness and started to love my job again, and in doing so my love is maturing into something greater. Thats where I am now coming to realizations of what it means to work.

Why; lots of people work for means getting paid to pay for things that one needs to survive. but the advice I was given early on hinted an a bigger and better reason to work. What work is to me is now more important to me now especially if I'm ever going to answer the big why. What, well its a sanctuary where me and my buds make games. But more so its where I find purpose, but I want to be good real good at what I do. The better I get the better I fell, the more accomplished. maybe thats my "WHY". Maybe its to feel growth in life, like a tree. Slowly growing every season in as evenly as I can get.

What I do doesn't seem that important anymore. Well I just fix things, I work in a department that takes stress off of others by making things work as smoothly as possible. A mechanic, simple non-assuming, if it works great, if it doesn't its probably just the simplest part is broken. The simple things are given the least amount of thought and because of this there are the first thing to break down.

I wondering if I'm actually going to publish this on my blog the babbling of my mind. Just incase I do and you are reading this don't think I'm crazy. In fact I am but there is no reason to treat me any differently because of it.

Off to byron bay...



A little later I made it to byron just before sunset good thing to `cause I kind of froze my ass off coming up. but some amazing views up in the mountains. I'm going to go and party now but before that a little update on my bags... wait for it... There somewhere in sydney but not with me I'll see if I can get them on the phone tomorrow.

Take care I'm getting drunk, Cheers!

6 comments:

Max A said...

Hell yeah Jason sounds like you are still having a great time. As long as you have the GPS and motorcycle you should be fine.... 8) miss you brother and have a Aussie beer for me.

Anonymous said...

I read the first paragraph.
Man thats some heavy stuff, but very true. I am gonna go and give my two weeks to shannon.

Anonymous said...

Ok, just read the rest of your post. I really wish I did that before going to Shannons office. But she believed me when i said that I was just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your posts. The words flow, it shows that you read a lot. I agree with what you had to say. I think that work is all about creating something to show that you exist, and to be liked/appreciated. Once you are dead you want people to remember you, that is why people work, create, or have kids.

anyway, I hope you get your stuff soon. But if you dont, I think you will have more fun without it. It will be more of an adventure. Like you said, you have the necessities. The rest will only slow you down!

PEace

Anonymous said...

PS, I am glad you dont have photos, its forcing me to read.

Allblues said...

I'm glad your getting a chance to read Richard. Max I'll drink maybe a few for ya.

Blog Archive